Fine Art/Jan McPherson and George White

Josh D wrote at 2010-01-03 23:10:58
I own a few Jan McPherson works on wood. I have been looking for her as well. If you have any info please forward it on to me please.

Kiri wrote at 2012-01-30 18:53:49
Hi - The Jan McPherson I know is a contemporary New England artist who paints on wood in a folk art style. You can see some of her work on this website:

Julie B. wrote at 2016-01-08 15:29:48
That is not the same artist. This is definitely a more primitive oil on wood. I was told that the thickness of the wood matters to determine if it is really old or not. I am interested in what your paintings look like, Josh D. You can email me at if you find this response.Thanks to both of you.

Julie Bearce wrote at 2016-01-08 16:40:23
Thanks but that is a different Jan McPherson. I would be interested in finding out about the paintings you have Josh D. I dont know how to contact you. My email is  Thanks everyone.  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University