Fine Art/owl painting

john wrote at 2010-01-07 03:19:58
i have 2 of these pantings and can find no info on them, they are identical other than the colors used two "lovebird" owls sitting on a branch in front of a "moon" please contact me with any info and i would be interesting in buying the one u have possibly

Larry wrote at 2010-02-16 15:04:46
I also have a painting, approximately 3 ft. by 3 ft., of two love owls on a branch with the moon behind them.

Signed: C. Roberts.

The entire background is orange.

Larry wrote at 2010-03-01 19:42:43
I don't believe this is the same artist, unless he painted it when he was 5 or 6 years old.

I've had this painting for 18 to 20 years.

trainwreck1978 wrote at 2011-01-24 05:41:32
I have the same painting.  I bought it from a thrift store and there was a Sears price tag on the back.  I believe Sears sold tons of these in the early 70's.  I have also seen a number of people inquiring about the same painting on the we

Jessica wrote at 2012-05-03 22:38:16
Ever since I viewed one of his paintings at a friends house recently I have been seeking a C Roberts oil painting of the two owls on branch as discussed in this thread. I prefer the green background but would consider orange if someone is interested in selling their painting. Please do contact me.

who wrote at 2012-05-23 20:15:23
Yep I have the same painting two owls sitting on a branch with the orange background I have had it for about 25 years signed by C. Roberts but I have no idea who the C. Roberts is that painted it?

Jessica wrote at 2012-05-28 05:27:10
Are you interested in allowing me to purchase this painting?

Sharper wrote at 2012-06-01 02:23:45
I have the painting in orange in perfect condition and interested in selling. Jessica please contact me about purchasing the painting.

Jessica wrote at 2012-06-06 18:18:45
Hi Shon! I did email you back finally a couple times. I did try your voicemail as well. Sorry for my persistance. I left my phone # on your vm. Please call or email again. Thank you kindly!!

Robert wrote at 2012-06-17 06:12:34
The orange one is not by C. Roberts and is reversed.

Mbellis wrote at 2012-10-05 15:51:02
Jessica I have the same painting if you are interested...call me 484-515-7248

Beautiful in excellent condition.

Robert wrote at 2013-03-09 21:54:28
Got two one by garret one by c roberts call me 9255840785

Joe wrote at 2013-06-14 01:22:37
My name is joe. I have an original  c Roberts owl painting in green. 2547177978. Serious inquiries. Make me an offer

Jessica wrote at 2013-11-25 23:31:31
I've already purchased this painting in orange.  I would still like to find one in green. I would like it to use in decorating my son's nursery. He is due in February. Please contact me should you have a green C Roberts that you are interested in parting with for a reasonable price. Thanks and regards. Jessica  

Jody Roberts wrote at 2015-03-14 00:18:14
I do not have an answer, but I can add to the evidence.  My grandmother was Corean Roberts, who painted, but did not paint these owls.  Over the years I have received many emails from people researching C Roberts paintings.  Many of these emails had pictures of these "Other" C. Roberts paintings.  There is the owls, in green and orange.  There is a wooded path with two people walking down it, sometimes holding hands, and also mostly in the orange tones but I believe I have seen a green one.  Signed the same, same color combinations, definitely the same C Roberts.  

I also heard this other C Roberts may have painted under contract for the Sears corporation, and may have resided in California.  Many people who have these paintings are from the Northeast, although this may be just a natural population density correlation.  

This is what I know.  Feel free to send me pics of your other C Roberts paintings, or maybe even my Grandmother's!  We are looking for non-family members who may have some of her early work.  

Robin wrote at 2015-12-26 23:50:20
I have this owl painting in green. If you or anyone reading this is interested in purchasing this painting, please let me know.  I will be willing to sell at a great price. Was cleaning out my basement and started to take it to Goodwill.  Just need to get rid of it.

Hiker Girl wrote at 2016-12-08 21:13:19
Hi Jessica,

I have the same owl painting in green. It is an original and still has the frame in tact. I am willing to part with it if you are interested.

Joseph B. Laskowski