Fine Art/jean beraud

i have a painting by jean beraud, signed and framed. i believe it to be an original but how can i tell for sure.

Take the painting to a local fine art dealer to have he or she eyeball the painting.  Make sure it is bonafide oil on canvas, or oil on board, or have them tell you precisely what you have.  A local auctioneer would do the same.  Here are two dealers who know Beraud.  You might send them a closeup photo of the signature.  

Cincinnati Art Galleries, LLC   
225 East 6th Street
Cincinnati, OH  45202

Patrick Orbe Fine Art   
395 Closter Dock Road
Closter , NJ  07624

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration