Fine Art/paiting

I have some art work and it appears to be German. It is dated 1957 and is # 101. It is signed but I am having a difficult time reading the signature. This is what the signature appears to say but I am sure I am off on this: Olla Shilzlepsagae. This appears to be a modern version of a major scene. I tried to google but nothing appears.

Anything you can suggest would be greatly appricated.

Kindest Regards,

Dana, what I can surmise from this question is that this piece of artwork is a print rather than a painting because of the number "101" following the date. Unfortunately, I do not know the title and I tried to do research on the name but cannot find the name of the artist anywhere.

You may have the artists name misspelled so it would be difficult for me to start from that.

Sincerely, Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University