Fine Art/Artist Identification

Old Barn001.jpg
Old Barn001.jpg  
I found this original painting in one of our old rental units. It appears to have been there for quite some time. It's signed by "Baine" and Nell Baine is the only name I recognize. However, it may or may not be one of hers. It is size 16x20, an oil on canvass, and nothing on the back re. a date. I have one photo of the painting, and one of the signature, but so far, it appears I can only upload one image? I will send the painting first, and then the signature later, if that's the only option. Any information will be helpful. Thank you for your time and most kind consideration.......Fred

I have sought some additional expertise.   Jury is back with an answer.  Not the one you want.

Not even "early work".   Nell Blaine just never did anything like this.  Closer examination of the signature in your big pictures, shows it is not hers.  One dealer says he's seen a similar "Blaine" very recently, and politely suggests it is perhaps someone else with the same name.    

C'est la vie.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration