Fine Art/Authentication

Question
Don Quixote and the Windmill
Don Quixote and the Wi  
QUESTION: In 1982, I purchased a Dali, "Don Quixote and the Windmill."
Authentication was from Edward Weston Graphics, Los Angeles and states that the edition was published in 1980 from Gourdon-Cannes studio.Signed in the stone and pencil signed.
Composition is Don Quixote holding an acorn as he gazes across a valley with various figures and with a windmill in the distance. Numbered 87/300, total printing of 600 plus proofs.
Is this litho authentic? Any worth?
Ken

ANSWER: The Correct title: L'AGE D'OR (The Golden Age)

The correct version was printed in 1957.

Not sure what you have, but quite a few RED FLAGS in your description.

Dan

QUESTION: I take it, that you can't verify by looking at the picture?
What other red flags ?
Ken

Answer
The edition size for the correct version is 233 plus some artists proofs.

If you want to be certain, we'd have to send it to a known Dali expert for authenticity. He has his own fees etc.

If you want to go that route, send an email request to:

dan@dali.com

Dan

Dan Twyman