Fine Art/Authentication

Don Quixote and the Windmill
Don Quixote and the Wi  
QUESTION: In 1982, I purchased a Dali, "Don Quixote and the Windmill."
Authentication was from Edward Weston Graphics, Los Angeles and states that the edition was published in 1980 from Gourdon-Cannes studio.Signed in the stone and pencil signed.
Composition is Don Quixote holding an acorn as he gazes across a valley with various figures and with a windmill in the distance. Numbered 87/300, total printing of 600 plus proofs.
Is this litho authentic? Any worth?

ANSWER: The Correct title: L'AGE D'OR (The Golden Age)

The correct version was printed in 1957.

Not sure what you have, but quite a few RED FLAGS in your description.

QUESTION: I take it, that you can't verify by looking at the picture?
What other red flags ?

The edition size for the correct version is 233 plus some artists proofs.

If you want to be certain, we'd have to send it to a known Dali expert for authenticity. He has his own fees etc.

If you want to go that route, send an email request to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.