Fine Art/Earl G. Hammock Paintings

How would I go about finding the value of a three landscape painting set my Grandmother has, painted in the 50's by Earl G. Hammock. One is a 22"x 28" painting of the Ship Rock in NW New Mexico, a 12"x 16" painting of Monument Valley Arizona, and a 12"x 16" painting of Cumbres Pass in Colorado. Also she would like to sell them.  How can that be accomplished with out her getting taken?

Title:Desert Landscape
24" x 30"
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Lot: 147
Auction House: Best of the West Auctions
Low Est.:   $1,750   
High Est.:   $2,250   
Sales Price**:    $560   

I would say $300-$500 a piece would be fair.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University