Fine Art/Eric Sloane

Hello Mr. Laskowski,
I had asked you about an appraisal for a work by Eric Sloane.  I sent a response to what I thought was your email.  I'm not sure if you received it.  I asked how I would go about getting an appraisal and you said you could do one.  I asked then if you could provide papers for my insurance and I sent photos.  I did not hear from you so am trying "Experts" again.  (I'm an "" in writing and composition)  Could you please let me know if you got the photos or my email.

Hello, sorry for the delay. Yes, I did get the photos. This I assume would be for replacement value and not fair market value. Correct?

Could you possibly send me polaroids or hard copies of the photos?

I cannot print these out with my printer very well.

I would need the purpose of the appraisal, your name(s), address, phone, any pertinent info regarding provenance. Size, condition, medium, support, for example, masonite, oil on canvas.

I can say right now that based on what I am seeing that at auction I could see this piece selling in the range of $12-$15,000 maybe more depending on where it is sold and what date.

So, yes I am still willing to do it.

Thank You for your time,
Joseph B. Laskowski

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University