Fine Art/Identifying European Oil Painting 1880's

Hello, how are you?  My question pertains to an oil painting that my father found in an attic of a house 59 years ago in Seattle, WA. This oil painting has no signature, but a specialist on fine art believes its a very fine European painting worth investigating.  The canvas on the back reads: Windsor and Newton, 88 Rathbone Place, London W., Made in England. Also, on the back, the hardware on the corners read: Pat. February 13, 1883 - June 16, 1885., ADS.  It's a large landscape painting in original gilded frame (appox. 30" X 24"). The canvas size is (approx. 24 X 18). It's a beautiful painting with a small cottage, trees, very calm stream fronting the cottage with three adults in a small wood boat and a little child on shore ready to board.  Beyond the pasture and the woods there is, what appears to be Synagogue.  There is some pencil scribling on the back of the frame that says; "Was Jewish 36X".  With this information, can you help me move forward with identifying the oil painting.  I can send a picture at your request. Thanks, Harry Gibbons III  

The canvas is obviously English and the stretcher supports marked ADS are by Aaron Draper Shattuck an American artist. Your painting dates from the last part of the 19th Century. Other than that I cannot give you an explanation with just the information.
Thank You, Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University