Fine Art/Info about S. Lobau

Painting by S. Lobau
Painting by S. Lobau  
I have an oil painting signed by S. Lobau and am trying to find out more about the artist and his work. There is a card attached to the back of the painting that identifies the artist as born in Reichenhall, Germany in 1912, beginning studies in Munich and later moving to Vienna. The painting was purchased about 1962 in Raleigh, NC. The painting is a landscape 23" by 46" not including the frame. My picture does not do the painting justice as it is very beautiful (to me).

Dear Sarah,

You are right, it is beautiful. The artist should be listed, but I cannot find a Lobau in my books. Can you send me a close up photo of the signature so that I can enlarge it in photoshop? Also a photo of the sticker on the back. Please send them in high resolution to

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.