Fine Art/John Haymson watercolor

Nassau Hall watercolor
Nassau Hall watercolor  
Hello- I was wondering if you might know anything about this watercolor. It is John Haymson and is titled "Nassau Hall, Princeton U". It measures approx. 15 x 20. Any help as to value etc...would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

15" x 18"
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Lot: 2323
Auction House: DuMouchelles Auction House
Low Est.:   $125   
High Est.:   $250   
Hammer Price:    $80   

John Haymson was a commercial illustrator known for historical accuracy and was promoted in the United States by Aaron Ashley, Inc., a reproduction company in New York City.

He usually worked with watercolor and was known for architectural settings encircled by vignetted trees and for lively genre scenes, showing daily life such as a public fountain area in Taxco, Mexico.  Among his subjects are the Governor's Palace of Williamsburg, Virginia; scenes of Venice, Italy; buildings on Bourbon Street in New Orleans; and Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

He was born in Vienna, Austria in 1902, studying there at the Academy of Fine Art.

Haymson worked with etcher Luigi Kasimir.  He also studied stage and costume design with Max Reinhart in Salzburg, Austria.  Haymson lectured on art and aesthetics at museums and colleges.  He also led tours of art students to Mexico and Europe.

Haymson died in 1980.  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University