Fine Art/Moritz Painting

I have an original oil painting, and the signature is not readable. On the back of the frame there is a label showing it was purchased from "ALDRIDGE BROS." Art Dealers LTD.
subject title "Amsterdam"
Artist: MORITZ
Medium: Original 1 of 1 painting.
My question is, Who is the artist ?
Moritz doesn't help us much because there are several Dutch artist with that name. The original owners were in England.
Dave Langley

Hello Mr. Langley, I am not familiar with this piece.

I recommend contacting Christies or Sothebys auction houses, as they are the two largest auction houses in the world. They may have an expert who knows this piece. The more information you can give them, the better! Even the frame itself may have some significance.

If there is one near where you live, you can also take it to a Bonham's Valuation Day .

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University