Fine Art/Parsons, Atwater, Cameron Lithos

Dear Sir,
I have a set of 4 lithos in frames titled "The Four Seasons of Life". The picture is about 3 1/4 X 5 inch. Maybe 5 X 6/12, over all size They are somewhat faded. How can I tell the age of these without removing them from their frames? I have seen other examples of these prints on line, but never this small. Do they have value ?

Thanks, Russ

Russ, here is what I found. These are the larger version mind you and they are period.

The ones you have may be reprints of these larger versions. You would have to take them out of the frame to tell for certain but what I can say is that I did not find any originals this small.

Title:   Four Seasons of Life: Childhood. The : "The Season of Joy."; The Four Seasons of Life: Youth : "The Season of Love."; The Four Seasons of Life: Middle Age. : "The Season of Strength."; The Four Seasons of Life: Old Age. : "The Season of Rest."
Artist:   Fanny Palmer
Publisher:    New York, published by Currier & Ives 152 Nassau Street.
Medium Used:    Lithograph handcolored,
Year:    1868.
Size:    Large folio - average image size 15 7/16 x 23 9/16" (392 x 600 mm).
Condition:    Generally good condition and color, some minor foxing and occasional rubbing in title. Set of four.
Price:    $20,000.00  
Description:    Drawn on stone by James M. Ives. Artists - "Childhood" and "Youth" Fanny F. Palmer and John Cameron. "Middle Age" and "Old Age" Charles R. Parsons and Lyman W. Atwater.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University