Fine Art/Parsons, Atwater, Cameron Lithos

Question
Dear Sir,
I have a set of 4 lithos in frames titled "The Four Seasons of Life". The picture is about 3 1/4 X 5 inch. Maybe 5 X 6/12, over all size They are somewhat faded. How can I tell the age of these without removing them from their frames? I have seen other examples of these prints on line, but never this small. Do they have value ?

Thanks, Russ

Answer
Russ, here is what I found. These are the larger version mind you and they are period.

The ones you have may be reprints of these larger versions. You would have to take them out of the frame to tell for certain but what I can say is that I did not find any originals this small.

Title:   Four Seasons of Life: Childhood. The : "The Season of Joy."; The Four Seasons of Life: Youth : "The Season of Love."; The Four Seasons of Life: Middle Age. : "The Season of Strength."; The Four Seasons of Life: Old Age. : "The Season of Rest."
Artist:   Fanny Palmer
Publisher:    New York, published by Currier & Ives 152 Nassau Street.
Medium Used:    Lithograph handcolored,
Year:    1868.
Size:    Large folio - average image size 15 7/16 x 23 9/16" (392 x 600 mm).
Condition:    Generally good condition and color, some minor foxing and occasional rubbing in title. Set of four.
Price:    $20,000.00  
Description:    Drawn on stone by James M. Ives. Artists - "Childhood" and "Youth" Fanny F. Palmer and John Cameron. "Middle Age" and "Old Age" Charles R. Parsons and Lyman W. Atwater.

Joseph B. Laskowski