Fine Art/Picasso and Chagall lithographs with medals attached to them

I owe two lithographs. One by Picasso, after the painting "Portrait of Lady Z",named"Sadona"from collection Dorname with Picasso's pencil signature in the right lower corner on the colored lithograph.On the left lower white margin there is a number 91/150 in pencil and a bronze collored medal- Musse Picasso- Paris . The Chagall's lithograph called"Rigon"has lithographed or stamped signature of Marc Chagall on the right lower margin ,  on the left lower margin there is a number 102/200 in pencil with the bronze colored medal next to it. The bronze medall has a inscription "Collection Nacionalle,Monnaire the Paris,Medaille Officielle" .Could You tell me the meaning and significance of the medals ? ThankYou .Julitta

Publishers have various ways of stamping a work for the purpose of authenticity. In many cases, affordable art has a stamp that talks about the location of the original work that the print is based on, so the text will mention a private collection. To better help you, I'd need to see images of what you have.  Please email images of the works with close ups of the signatures and any stamps or text anywhere on the works.

Send to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.