Fine Art/Picasso Print

QUESTION: PICASSO 1904 art print in a protective jacketed cardboard like
cover which smells and appears to be very old.  On the back of the jacket it
has a small Identity tag attached DR128  PICASSO: Mother, Child and Four
Studies for a Right Hand.   On the lower front edge of the print it reads the
title, Cambridge, Mass, Harvard University, Fogg Art Museum, Meta and Paul
J. Sachs Collection - Published by Shorewood Publishers, Inc. Distributed by
Penn Prints, New York.   Would you know anything about this? How old? How much is it worth? And who would be willing to buy it?

I worked for a competitor of Shorewood many, many years ago. Shorewood was producing low end decorative art. It is common to see a mention of the location of an original work, on the back or border of a museum poster or reproduction. When we sell hand signed Picasso works, they do not have the same type of text as a low end poster.

While I am not able to do appraisals or authenticity using this service, I will say that is sounds like a decorative print and not investment art.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.