Fine Art/Signaute

Question
signature / date
signature / date  
I sent you a previous request with a photo of the painting in question, this request is regarding the same painting, but has a close up of the signature attached

Answer
James,
I answered you previously before seeing this message.  That is a good picture of the signature, and I have been playing with it in photoshop a bit, to bring out the letters.  I have not discovered your artist, but I'll tell you what I think it details.

"JW Signa" or "JW Silna" or a close variant thereof.

"Feb 1881"  or "Sep 1881" below.   (more likely "Sep" given the greenery.)

A good look at this painting by a professional, perhap under U/V light may help bring out the lettering further.  

Best of luck,
Stu

Stuart Cartwright