Fine Art/watercolor by Renauld

nancy wrote at 2010-05-11 19:32:31
I too have been trying to get information regarding a similiar art piece. Mine is titled," Romance of Lanterns",artist-Andre,No.7847,included on back is the legend,along with plate size and frame information. I had an Aunt and Uncle, that were the original owners and has now passed to me. I know that at the time of there purchase, it was quite expensive, as they always had the best. I am unsure of any value in the art world. Its nice to know others have similiar pieces.  

Donna Ridenhour-McHenry wrote at 2011-08-25 21:29:18
Thank you for that answer as I have 23 (26?  LOL!) of Renauld's - or the ghost's - works and some of them are the gauche (sp?#; I just love them and many sit on walnut paneling making the white frames very attractive.

Two of the trio sets are indeed in polygon frames with one center square.  The frames are white but for the gauche which are in maple and some black wood.

I have searched for years now for info and finally drew the conclusion that, as they were labeled on the back, that these were mass produced, etc., and sent to Eastern Arts for sale.  

I printed off your analysis and will save.

Value wise, I paid $65 for the first set of three (under glass), found Ebay and set up a saved search - mostly I get sunglasses on new listings, but once in awhile a watercolor will show up.  Usually, I don't have anyone bidding against me on Ebay and I don't go real high unless it is one I don't have.

I let one go in a huge glass frame, too as I feared it wouldn't ship good.

Thanks again!

D wrote at 2012-02-23 19:25:51
Thank you for this information; I've got about 25 of Renauld's watercolors!

Karen wrote at 2012-11-09 13:11:36
I think I have one too. It is signed Renauld and says Chicago from the outer drive

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration