Fine Art/information

Question
Where the Gannet Builds
Where the Gannet Build  
Hello, I have two prints by Arthur Tooth & sons. Artist Peter Graham, engraver Joseph Pratt, 1 of the printers was Alfred Holdgate the other was printed by F.G. Hardcastle. Both have a little mold. Both are seascapes, one is called, "Where the gannet Builds" copywrite 1897 The other has no caption but is signed by Graham and Pratt and has a print sellers association stamp copywrite 1905. One of them is 30.25" x 22.25" the other is 30.75" x 25.25".
(actual print sizes not border and frames). My questions Is What would be a realistic restoration cost and are they worth the cost and trouble of restoring? Thank you for you time and expertise. Steve"

Answer
   Joseph Bishop Pratt
Title   The swannery invaded by eagles
Description   Joseph Bishop Pratt (1854-1910), after Sir Edwin Landseer, R.A.The Swannery More ...
Medium   mixed method engraving
Size   Height 25 in.; Width 36 in. / Height 63.5 cm.; Width 91.4 cm.
Edition   unique
Misc.   Signed, Inscribed
Sale of   Christie's South Kensington: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 [Lot 1253]
British Mezzotints & Printed Hankerchiefs, Part II, from the collection of the Honourable Christopher Lennox-Boyd
Estimate   400 - 600 BP (582 - 873 US$)
Sold For   300 BP (427 US$) PREMIUM Currency Converter

Steve, it seems that Pratt engravings commonly sell for between $400-$450. Knowing restoration costs and how exorbitant they can be, it is probably not worth the cost of restoration. If it just mold or foxing you would already be talking about $150. Anything more major would run into greater costs. My advice would be to hang them if you like them. If they are for keeping then weigh the costs but if for resale, I would say make them look pretty and put them in a regional auction house to you.

Joseph B. Laskowski