Fine Art/oil on canvas

i have a picture of 2 bison in the snow by a tattered covered wagon signed T.W. Walters, any info would be greatly appreciated it is also dated 1923.  thank you

John William Walter, active 1880's to 1921, was a Pennsylvania artist and a member of the Associated Artists of Pittsburgh. He may have been a founding member since he exhibited at the first annual in 1910 and thereafter each year until 1916.

Each year he would exhibit one or two British pictures; Coventry, Scotland, Cambridge, etc. In 1914 he submitted "West Point on the Hudson" to the Carnegie Institute.

It is interesting that while he exhibited British watercolors in the United States, watercolors of the the Western United States from the 1880's, including Lake Chelan in Washington Territory, have turned up in England.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University