Fine Art/philipe alfieri

Question
Mr.Cartwright about a year ago i purchased a pastel board painting of a lady clown with an umbrella titled "Miss Doolittle".The pastel is done like a portrait and is signed in pencil on the right bottom "Alfieri". There was a little bag taped on the back with a certificate from 1978 Renaissance fine arts in maryland authenticating it. I was just wondering if you had thought on what the value may be,and where the best place to sell it would be? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Answer
Barton,
I have no information for you on Philipe Alfieri.  

There are several listed Italian fine artists named Alfieri, the most prominent of whom is Attilio Alfieri (1904 - 1992) and you can find information about him fairly easily on the Internet.  I do not think this was your artist.  

I hope Miss Doolittle finds a good home.  You might try eBay.
Best of luck,
Stu

Stuart Cartwright