Fine Art/philipe alfieri

Mr.Cartwright about a year ago i purchased a pastel board painting of a lady clown with an umbrella titled "Miss Doolittle".The pastel is done like a portrait and is signed in pencil on the right bottom "Alfieri". There was a little bag taped on the back with a certificate from 1978 Renaissance fine arts in maryland authenticating it. I was just wondering if you had thought on what the value may be,and where the best place to sell it would be? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I have no information for you on Philipe Alfieri.  

There are several listed Italian fine artists named Alfieri, the most prominent of whom is Attilio Alfieri (1904 - 1992) and you can find information about him fairly easily on the Internet.  I do not think this was your artist.  

I hope Miss Doolittle finds a good home.  You might try eBay.
Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration