Fine Art/20th century impressionists

QUESTION: I have several oil paintings by Rudolf Weisenborn. They were acquired directly from the artist.  One is noted that it was his last work in 1968 which I believe is of his wife.  They generally date from the 30s to the 60s. I also have charcoal works by him. Are they of value?  I also have an Aaron Borod water color of the house my husband grew up in. Any value in him?  Thank you for your help.

ANSWER: Carolyn,
If you have Weisenborn originals they may be of some value.  I should very much enjoy seeing them, and giving you additional information. If you can, send digital photos of your pictures to my email address found at website.  

I do not know Aaron Borod. I would fathom that the deepest value in that picture is to members of your husband's family.  

last oil
last oil  
Thank you for your response.  I am trying to send you some photos of the paintings but cannot get through to your website address.  

My website address is:    <<<copy and paste this

On the front page, halfway down is my email address.  

Send me anything, just a "hello", then we can communicate directly.  It will help.  For instance I can see only a fraction of the one Weisenborn picture you posted on this AllExperts service.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration