Fine Art/Dali lithos

Question
My girl friend bought a limited edition signed and numbered litho of the "persistence of memory" from a private collector.  I am quite confused because there seem to be many versions of this painting in limited edition print.  How could I tell which series it belongs to?  it says 37/250.  My understanding was that there are only 2 print series authorized by dali and all others are mass produced.  A local gallery has a piece from the same series at $18,000.00 but another has it at $2,000.00.  I'm so confused...

Answer
The only authorized version was published in 1974 and has a 4th clock added to the image. Dali did an interpretation of his own work and made a change to it.

If you want to be certain, you can email me an image of what you have, but based on the edition number you provided, it does not sound like a correct piece.

To email images, send to:  dan@dali.com

Dan

Dan Twyman