Fine Art/Davis F. Schwartz

Question
I have what I think is the original oil painting by Davis F. Schwartz. The name of the painting is "San Francisco Ferry Building”. It's framed and is about 14x11.  It’s signed and dated (’41?) in the lower right hand corner. I'm hoping you can give me some idea of the value, if any.

Answer
Vivian,
It sounds like you know about Davis F. Schwartz, so I won't feed you his biography.  The Ferry Building was central to his career, so for a subject matter, this is an advantage.  Generally, a painting of this size by DFS might go at auction for $400-$700. Hard for me to say, having not seen the painting, nor understand anything about its condition. Best to check an auction house that has carried his works, or a dealer that has bought&sold his work.

Best of luck,
Stu

Clars Auctions
Oakland, CA

Art Gateway Inc./Titus Paul Gallery
Ventura, CA  93001

Bodega Bay Heritage Gallery
Bodega Bay, CA  94923

Frank Antiques
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA  91601

Stuart Cartwright