Fine Art/Leiber Painting

Question
QUESTION: I have a paint by leiber...its a man(i think) in a brown robe holding baby jesus. Just the two of them in it.  The frame is very old and I'm scared to take it apart.  Is this worth anything, when I tried to pull the back of the frame off, the painting is painted on something thats not paper and starts to crumble when touched....its very old...from my grandparents house that was passed down for many generations.
Thanks

ANSWER: I suspect you are talking about this artist:

Gerson August Leiber  

There are other artists with that last name.

To see if we are talking about the same artist, type

Gerson August Leiber art     into your google search bar and hit enter.

Dan

QUESTION: Is this vauleable at all?

Answer
The piece has to be examined in person to determine values. All art is suject to being copied. The art industry is broken up in to various categories. Brokers, galleries, appraisers, authenticators etc.  I am a broker and do not do appraisals. I gave the suggestion to look online, as that is the best bet to find a dealer that can help you.

Dan

Dan Twyman