Fine Art/Oil on Canvas painting of ship

Maritime Oil on canvas
Maritime Oil on canvas  
Joseph,  I was handed down a painting when my grandfather passed away of, what looks to be, a whaler ship very similar to that of THE WANDERER or the CHARLES W. MORGAN whaling ship.  I can not make out the signature. I was curious if you were able to assist since I am trying to find out more about it including it's worth, etc.  I also have another image of signature....Thank you

Lance, this is one of those paintings that were done in the last 20 years by the Asian market to send over here and sell as decorative paintings for those people who could not affoed the real thing. Fair Market value is nominal. Enjoy it on your wall.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University