Fine Art/Oil Painting

Question
I recently purchased a oil painting that I just love. I am now wondering about the history and possibly the value of the painting. I am going to include the information from the Certificate of authenticity on the back.

Penciled across the back is the number: 79-2768

Certificate of Authenticity Reads:
Artist: Robertsons
Title of Work of Art: Reflections
Media: Original Oil
Registration Number: 79 27685
Certificate of Authenticity
Authorized by: P Bauman (signature)
Royal Art LTD
13012 Saticoy St, Suite 5
No. Hollywood, CA 91605
Telephone:

Any information and help would be appreciated on this painting, it is a beautiful Ocean scene.

Thank you,

Ellen

Answer
Ellen,
This is outside my realm.  My sense is that Royal Art Ltd. was an art wholesaler that contracted to have many oils produced inexpensively, perhaps even overseas. All the certificate information is attached to make it seem highly valuable.  I'd guess this may even have been produced in 1979, from the "79" in the registration number.  

Fine art is typically signed by an artist using a full name, very often first, middle and last names.  Unlike the pop music world (Madonna, Sting, Bono) single names on canvas tend to indicate the fictitious.

My comments are made in general and may not apply to your artwork.  If you enjoy it, you should hang it in a spot where you can see it every day.

Stu  

Stuart Cartwright