Fine Art/Question about Painting

Question
I'm sorry. I have a jpeg of a painting that I would like to find out who the artist is. can you help with this?

Answer
Gioanny,
You may attach the jpeg formatted digital photograph file to your inquiries and send it to me along with your question.  There should be a button marked "ATTACH AN IMAGE" and it will allow you to attach to your email a .jpg file from your computer.  

Best to send a full picture of the entire front face of the painting.  

Also, send as much complete information as you can.  This might include:
size (l x h) in inches of the painting (not including the frame); the medium (oil, watercolor, giclee, other); condition (how dirty, any tears, flaking paint, mildew, etc,); is there a signature or date or any inscription anywhere on the artwork, front or back?  Where did you obtain this artwork?  Is there any history to it?  

Please do not send questions about prints or lithographs.  If you are not sure of what you have, my advice is always to take your artwork to someone locally who can tell you what you have.  

Gioanny, I spell this out in detail, not only so that you might productively use your time, but that others who read this might more efficiently use this web service.

I am very glad to try to answer your questions, and share your interest in art.  I do limit the incoming questions to just a few every day, otherwise I would end up spending 24 hours a day answering questions!   That is another good reason to make maximum use of an AllExperts inquiry...you and others will find that I am unavailable for further questions until another day.

I am best at answering questions about listed American artists who were active between 1800-1950.   All bets are off on anything else.

Stu  

Stuart Cartwright