Fine Art/Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts, Inc.

QUESTION: Hi!  I've been trying to figure out what I have here and have came upon this site.  I have what appears to be an old-style of sheet music on a parchment type material.  I performed Google searches on every piece of info on it that I could find, and haven't been able to find out much yet.

The parchment type material has a label stapled in the upper left-hand corner with a few pieces of information on it.  It says "Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts, Inc." as a letterhead for the label.  Then, under that, there are fields pre-printed on the label that could be filled in with typing on the right.  The first field is "Artist" and it is unfilled.  The second field is "Title" and it is "Spanish Missals".  The third field is "Style" and on the right there is the type "14D465".  At the bottom of the label "USE THIS LABEL TO RE-ORDER" is printed on the.

There appears to be Latin text.

ANSWER: Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts was a publisher of mass-produced art reproductions.

But, every Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts print was coded (like a product number).  If you could find that number, your search for further information should be much easier.

QUESTION: Thanks for prompt response!  I didn't know for certain, but I thought that maybe the text "14D465" was the "product code" for this item - as I had seen a response very similiar to the one you gave me in another question/answer page that I had read on this site.  

I was wondering if you knew where I could go with that number to see if it is a product code.  Once I have the product code - where should I go to search further?  I don't know where to go.

Any assistance you can provide will be very helpful and appreciated!

This is what I found for you on a web site. Here are 2 catalogues that are for sale and if you want you can purchase them. They might tell you what you want to know. If you just want a valuation for your pieces than you might want to go a different route.

A Selection of the Publications of the Berlin Photographic Co.
Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts.  New York.  Wrappers. No date, but circa 1925 (?). Photos of classic and modern art reproductions offered for sale. Includes a section of portraits of famous people. 6 1/8 by 9 1/4 inches. 155 pages.   Condition: Very Good.  Art Catalogs. Fine Art Reproduction  (Book ID 8059)  $25.00

E.A. Seemanns: Large Colour Reproductions from Old and Modern Masters
Rudolf Lesch Fine Arts, Inc..  New York.  No date, circa 1925 (?). Oblong wrappers. 4 1/2 by 6 1/4 inches. Color frontispiece. Text in German and English. 193 reproductions of paintings for sale, each illustrated with a black and white photo. Indexed.   Condition: Very Good.  Art Reprodctions.  (Book ID 8058)  $25.00

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University