Fine Art/Tim Ashkar Painting

Beauty of Cloro
Beauty of Cloro  
I have what I think is the original oil painting by Tim Ashkar. The name of the painting is "Beauty of Color", which is currently in print. It's framed and is about 28x24.  Itís signed and dated (í92) in the lower right hand corner.  I'm hoping you can give me some idea of the value, if any.

Tim Ashkar, a contemporary artist, has an online website at   Take a look at what he has for sale, compare it to what you have.  Composition, perspective, depth, color, subject matter, size...all components to measure.  You should get a pretty good idea of where prices start.

Of course, it is hard to establish what the market is, or even find that market.  I see no record of Tim Ashkar works in public auction.  He may or may not have dealers who represent him.  You could call him, of course.  I do not follow contemporary artists for this reason -- it is difficult to zero in on value.

I see that that print is very popular and appears on various websites as a print for sale.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration