Fine Art/Tim Ashkar Painting

Question
Beauty of Cloro
Beauty of Cloro  
I have what I think is the original oil painting by Tim Ashkar. The name of the painting is "Beauty of Color", which is currently in print. It's framed and is about 28x24.  Itís signed and dated (í92) in the lower right hand corner.  I'm hoping you can give me some idea of the value, if any.

Answer
Vivian,
Tim Ashkar, a contemporary artist, has an online website at http://www.ashkarstudios.com/   Take a look at what he has for sale, compare it to what you have.  Composition, perspective, depth, color, subject matter, size...all components to measure.  You should get a pretty good idea of where prices start.

Of course, it is hard to establish what the market is, or even find that market.  I see no record of Tim Ashkar works in public auction.  He may or may not have dealers who represent him.  You could call him, of course.  I do not follow contemporary artists for this reason -- it is difficult to zero in on value.

I see that that print is very popular and appears on various websites as a print for sale.  

Stu

Stuart Cartwright