Fine Art/Toulouse Lautrec

The Circus
The Circus  
Hi i have had this posthumous lithograph Lautrec for 20 years and tried to find some research about it .It is signed in pencil on one side 484/500 and on the other in pencil de toulouse lautrec.It not a glicee it is on original Musee De AAlbi thick parchment inside original gilt has some yellowing due to age but perfect every other way.thanks anmac

Henri de Toulouse Lautrec works were often signed with his official stamp that looked like H T and L inside a circle, although your piece has a written signature in the bottom right. I can see the plate markings around the edges of the images, which is good. And there's some writing in the top left margin.

This piece looks to be in good condition. The yellowing often happens from a piece that was framed for a long time then taken out of its frame.

I will research this piece further, and meanwhile if you could please tell me 1) what it says in the top left, and 2) what the signature reads. If you could, close up photos of both parts would be great.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University