Fine Art/art treasures of america...india proofs

mrs. siddons
mrs. siddons  

I hope you are well. I have just been given several pages from The art Treasures of America...I think...the pages are all loose but they are in the cover of this titled book. Can you tell me anything about the art...there are copies of art work by such artist as Rosa Bonheur, Thomas Carlyle and more. Some of the art work has a cover sheet telling about the artist and the work or telling who's collection the original was used to make the reproduction. Can you tell me if they are reproductions, plates or lithographs and about what price range they should be. Also, one of the pictures...The horse said to be a Currier and Ives is that so when it was painted by Rosa Bonheur? I hope you can help. Thank You

These are photogravures which are photographs of the original pieces of art. Photogravure is an intaglio printmaking process in which photographic images are printed using forms of mechanised etching of plates.

AS individual pieces of art they are worth $50 a piece if matted.
As investments, these are probably not the items you want.
As decorative items that you can hang and admire they are fantastic.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University