Fine Art/picasso on plywood

Question
picasso on plywood
picasso on plywood  
QUESTION: I need assistance identifying this Picasso artwork.  I imagine it is a copy somehow put on plywood.  The plywood is old, and it is dated 11-8-59. Is it a linocut, aquatint etc.  Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Hmmm, I see no signature.  I'd have to examine it in person.

I have seen Picasso works on wood as in the "Centaur" type piece at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, but that one is signed.

I know Picasso used many different materials to create his works, so anythings possible and there are originals by Picasso with no signature.

To authenticate a Picasso is not cheap, more research has to be done.

Dan

QUESTION: Thank you Dan for your quick response.  Forget whether or not it is a Picasso work, from the photo I sent, does it look to be an original piece?  It looks original through my loop, but I'm not an expert.

Answer
The reason I need to see it in person is to examine parts of the image under a loop or mag glass. If there are dots/pixels, you have a print. If if appears to be a hand applied medium such as oil or heavy watercolor, then once again, it has to be verified by one of the very few experts that work in the Picasso field.

If anyone gives you a final verdict based on only a photograph, they are doing you a dis-service.  I do what I can for free.

Dan

Dan Twyman