Fine Art/Jean Claude Mayodon painting

I purchased a beautiful scenic Mayodon painting in 1974.
What could it be worth today?

Barbara, check this link out on the web.

They represent the artist and would be able to give you a good idea of the value.

Jean-Claude Mayodon was born in Fontainebleau, France, in 1938 and died in Montreal on July 23, 1981. The talent of this prodigious and prolific artist was recognized at the early age of fourteen when he was awarded the First Prize of Ile-de-France (1952). This prize enabled him to move to Paris and study at the Académie des beaux-arts of Paris (1957-1961). He was accepted later to the famous École Du Louvre from which he graduated with a Ph.D. in Art History (1962). His unique style made him one of the biggest "exuberant impressionists". He painted subjects as French rural landscapes, still lives, bouquets, farm and city workers, clowns and occasionally horses who were depicting his different states of mind. During his short but flashing career, he managed to impose his works in numerous public collections: Houston Space Program, The Center of Medical Research of the University of Montreal and in French museums: le Musée de la Ville de Paris, the Galerie de Guerre Museum, the Sceaux Museum and the National Library of Paris. Art critics compared Mayodon to French painters of the beginning of the XXth century such as Danty, Vlaminck and Cézanne. Although he considered himself as a "social expressionist" artist, one can indubitably consider Jean-Claude Mayodon as a painter endowed with a limitless creative energy under the imprint of an exuberant impressionism. Lamoureux Ritzenhoff Gallery is proud to have curated his first posthumous special exhibition to greet the artistic work of this important Montreal painter - in duet with Paul Soulikias, R.C.A. (2006) - who bequeathed an important artistic inheritance to Canada without any other comparison.

Jean-Claude Mayodon lived and studied successively in Spain, Germany, Austria and Scandinavia before settling in Montréal during the 1967 World Exhibition.

Jean-Claude Mayodon was qualified as one of the great "exuberant impressionists."

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University