Fine Art/Ludwig Czerny watercolor

I have 4 pen/ink/watercolors that are of houses & buildings in Austria,I believe. They have the scene and in the left bottom are measures of music. The writing is German so I don't understand it but, it seems to be certain strains of Beethoven's Eroica, Two are of Schubert's houses & music and the third is Liszt maybe?..they were purchased at a tag sale of an older couple who brought them back during the WWII years in Germany. At first I thought the signature, done in pencil or charcoal, was "T.Goenig" but after hours of research on here was led to your answer about a watercolor by Ludwig Czerny. They are framed in a style of that era as well. They all seem to be birthplaces or homes of these musicians...any ideas?...thanks, Carole

Thank you for contacting me.  European art is not in my sweet spot, but as you know I can look them up for you.  

My recommendation to you is to contact the following auction house in Vienna.  Most of the Czerny pictures that have come to auction have passed through this establishment:  

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration