Fine Art/Native American lithographs

Question
lithograph
lithograph  
I have two American Indian hand colored lithographs.  The names of the Indians depicted are TAH-COL-O-QUIT and CHON-MON-I-CASE.  According to some information on the back John T Bowen produced this lithograph in 1850.  It is also mentioned that the portrait id from the Indian Gallery of the Department of War, Washington.  The painter is listed as Charles Bird King 1821?  They are nice lithographs and appear to be hand painted.  Where can I get information on these and would there be any value in them?  I have attached an image of one.

Answer
Value would be $275-$500 fair market value depending on condition and desirability.
The are from the Indian Tribes of North America which was produced in Philadelphia in 1836-1844. You would rather have ones that were produced in that 1836-1844 timeline. Then your engravings would be worth $750-$1,000 a piece.

Charles Bird King was an American portrait painter, employed by the War Department to paint the portraits of Indian treaty delegates visiting Washington, D.C.  Thomas Loraine McKenney served as Superintendant of the Indian Trade Bureau, and subsequently as head of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, for a total of 16 years, and it was his idea for the government to commission portraits of the Indians.  King made most of the 143 paintings completed between 1822 and 1842.  McKenney was moved by a concern that the tribes and their culture were threatened by settlers and unsympathetic state and federal government officials.  He also sought to create a written record for future generations, collaborating with writer James Hall to produce a three-volume work on the life and culture of the American Indian, History of the Indian Tribes of North America, which included reproductions of Kingís paintings.  Most of the original paintings were subsequently destroyed in a fire at the Smithsonian, so the lithographs in McKenney and Hallís history constitute the only record of the likenesses of some of the prominent Indian leaders of the 19th century.

John T. Bowen was an artist and lithographer who operated in New York from 1834 to 1838 and in Philadelphia thereafter, until around 1856.  Among his best-known works are the lithographs for John James Audubonís octavo edition of The Birds of America 1840-44) and the folio plates from Audubonís The Viviparous Quadrupeds of North America (1842-1848).  He also published the lithographs for McKenney and Hallís History of the Indian Tribes of North America (1838), as well as a series of 20 views of Philadelphia after J.C. Wild and John T. Bowenís United States Drawing Book with 37 views of locales in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions.  

Joseph B. Laskowski