Fine Art/Painting

Question
Found this painting in the attic titled "Shores of Sorrento" the Artist is A. Arnegger, name is misspelled on the name plate in front. Don't have any other information. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Answer
Known for landscape painting in Austria in the early part of his career and later for Italian landscapes and coastal views, especially of Naples, Sorrento and Capri, Alois Arnegger was from Vienna, Austria where he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.  His instructors were Robert Russ, landscape artist, and August Eisenmenger, painter of history subjects.

In the early 1920s, he first traveled to Italy, where he was enamored with the sites along the Mediterranean.  Many of his works have dramatic lighting and are panoramic.  Later in his life, he spent most of his time in Austria, where he painted many Alpine scenes.

Joseph B. Laskowski