Fine Art/Painting

Found this painting in the attic titled "Shores of Sorrento" the Artist is A. Arnegger, name is misspelled on the name plate in front. Don't have any other information. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Known for landscape painting in Austria in the early part of his career and later for Italian landscapes and coastal views, especially of Naples, Sorrento and Capri, Alois Arnegger was from Vienna, Austria where he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.  His instructors were Robert Russ, landscape artist, and August Eisenmenger, painter of history subjects.

In the early 1920s, he first traveled to Italy, where he was enamored with the sites along the Mediterranean.  Many of his works have dramatic lighting and are panoramic.  Later in his life, he spent most of his time in Austria, where he painted many Alpine scenes.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University