Fine Art/Robert Antoine

Question
I bought a beautiful painting today at an auction that has a signature of Robert Antoine in the bottom left side.  It is a picture of flowers and fruit in a clear pitcher.  THe painting has dark turqoise as the base color.  I can not find any information about this painting, the value, the title of the work, or the artist (Muller or Pichon, or neither).  Also, it looks like authentic oil on canvas, but how can I tell if it is a repro?

Answer
Dear Julie,

I will be happy to take a look at your painting if you can send jpeg images of the entire front, back, and several close ups of the canvas around the name. Please make them clear and high resolution.

Antoine' primary medium was oil on canvas; although he also did many watercolor drawings. If your painting is on heavy cardboard without glass, I can tell you now that it is a print.

His oil paintings are currently averaging between $8000-10,000 at auction. You may email your photos to dheadley@fineartgalleria.com.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley