Fine Art/S. Sideris

"I have piece which about an 12" X 24", it has the registration numbers written on the back it it intiled on the back and it is signed by S. Sideris. This piece came into our family in 1986 as a wedding gift to my sister from her employer at a prestigeous gallery in Miami, Fl. at that time I recall that it was already old and she mentioned it was a very nice gift from their part. She gave me the painting as I always loved it when she got divorced and I have always kept it hanging. I would like to know more about this artist and the possibilities of knowing a ball park figure as far as value.

Thak you"

Title:The Lake Gathering
13.25" x 10"
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Signed Lower Right
Lot: 182
Auction House: Michaan's Auctions
Low Est.:   $300   
High Est.:   $500   
Hammer Price:    $200   

I would say yours would be around $200-$400

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University