Fine Art/Savros Homere

Hi there, I have an amazing signed etching & watercolour by Stavros Homere 47/250. Framed by Man Fong in Hong Kong. It is a winter peasant scene, the peasants carrying brush wood on there backs and are wearing clogs. I have been trying to research this piece but have only managed to find out that Stavros lived/ lives in california.
Are you able to help? Any information would be greatly recieved. Kind regards, Michelle

STAVROS HOMERE – Les commères, 1907
Sheet size: 305x220 mm
Image size: 230x160 mm
Edition: Size of edition unknown; scarce – Signed in plate
Gossips. Original etching with aquatint by Stavros Homère, signed and dated in the plate. The scene is probably somewhere in Normandy; another of Homère's etchings of 1907 is a street scene in Honfleur. Printed on cream laid paper. Published by the Revue de l'art ancien et moderne. Condition: Excellent.

That would be about $250 American.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University