Fine Art/art treasures of america/india proofs

Question
I have section IX consisting of forty-four photogravues each covered with tissue identifying the original artist, the title of the artwork and 'from the collection of ..."
The photogravues are in excellent condition.  They are pre-matted and there are indications of age on the matting.
Who buys this stuff? Is it of more value complete? Thank you for your time.

Answer
The value here would be either to matt them and sell them separately which would be more time and expense to get a small amount of money out of them or just take your section and sell it at a local auction.

Dealers in Fine Arts will not buy these pieces they are on a higher level in terms of what they want.

Unless they are signed in pencil by the artist, then print dealers will not buy them either.
There were hundreds if not thousands of these produced for individuals who could not afford the real thing.

There is not a whole lot of value in these.

Joseph B. Laskowski