Fine Art/art treasures of america/india proofs

I have section IX consisting of forty-four photogravues each covered with tissue identifying the original artist, the title of the artwork and 'from the collection of ..."
The photogravues are in excellent condition.  They are pre-matted and there are indications of age on the matting.
Who buys this stuff? Is it of more value complete? Thank you for your time.

The value here would be either to matt them and sell them separately which would be more time and expense to get a small amount of money out of them or just take your section and sell it at a local auction.

Dealers in Fine Arts will not buy these pieces they are on a higher level in terms of what they want.

Unless they are signed in pencil by the artist, then print dealers will not buy them either.
There were hundreds if not thousands of these produced for individuals who could not afford the real thing.

There is not a whole lot of value in these.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University