Fine Art/ball park value

Question
QUESTION: I do not expect an appraisal, but if you could suggest what i could expect for a offset lithograph of a Winslow Homer painting "The Gulf Stream" approx. 16 x 33 excellent condition with a certificate of authenticity from A.P.F. Inc. of New York, certifying Fine Reproduction Print on fine art paper.

ANSWER: Thats what we call, "an appraisal" in the art business.

I am an art broker that hires appraisers, so it would be a conflict of interest for me to post "ball park figures' online for free.

Also, you should not take advice from anyone that gives you info online if they have not examined the art.

I can tell you that "offset" or photo lithographs are the low end of the market.

Dan

QUESTION: How many dollars is low end?

Answer
I understand that you want an appraisal. But in the art market we have to follow strict rules to stay legit. Some dealers also do appraisals, but that is a conflict of interests. If I answer your question with any $$ amount at all, I am breaking the rules.

Dan

Dan Twyman