Fine Art/james m. sessions

my aunt bought a oil painting 30 years ago called trout stream by james m. sessions.if is genuine what is it worth.
it was bought in york england.

Title:Still Life with Cockatoo
32" x 26"
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Lot: 622
Auction House: Treadway/Toomey
Low Est.:   $2,000   
High Est.:   $3,000   
Hammer Price:    -not sold-   

Your oil would sell for about $3,000 at auction.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University