Fine Art/nathaniel currier lithograph

I have a black and white lithograph entitled Catching a trout. subtitled We hab you now,sar.New York Publishers by N. Currier 152 Nasseau Street. Any idea on value,and time frame.  Thank you for your time. Phyliss

This print from 1854 is actually on of the less racist portrayals of an African American by Currier and Ives. It was based on a painting by A. F. Tait.

If this is the original version from 1854 and is in excellent condition, at auction you could expect $3,000 or so.
Later editions probably $300-$500.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University