Fine Art/old painting from father

Unsigned oil on board.
Unsigned oil on board.  
My father bought this oil painting at an estate sale in the 70's.  It looks to be in the original frame and is on some type of hard board/slate, i don't know.  We can't find a signature but the artwork seems vaguely familiar.  Can you even give me an opinion on the type of work, age, similar artists so that i can begin research?  Thank you

It is an oil painting on board, it looks to be a Naive/Folk style from the 1920's. Artists have been doing these types of works since the 1700's. Naive is another way of saying untrained. Without a signature it is hard to say who might have done this.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University