Fine Art/Could this painting be from Karl Kaufmann?

Question
Girl on Board
Girl on Board  
Hi Joseph,

I purchased this painting a little while ago. It is an oil on timber that was purchased by a family over 100 years ago in Egypt. The signature (I believe) is J.Rollin.
The question is, could this be from Karl Kaufmann (using J.Rollin as a pseudonym)? If you doubt it, could you tell me if he ever painted portraits of this nature and if he did, what an example would be as I cannot find information on him doing so?

Kind Regards,

Peter

Answer
Peter, after looking at Karl Kaufmann's work I would have to say no. I am not familiar enough to say that he did not use a pseudonym. But all I can tell you is that this does not look like Kaufmann's work. Kaufmann did not paint portraits like this style.

Joseph B. Laskowski