Fine Art/who and where from

Question
painting
painting  
the painting is signed Campbell in red i had for about 12years.do not know old it is would like to know artist full name if possible when painted,should i insure whom ever this artist is they went into great detail with this art i am a novice when it comes to art

Answer
Howard,
This is not a valuable painting, but this certainly should not prevent you from enjoying it.  If you like it, hang it in a spot where you might enjoy it every day.

My suggestion to anyone interested in learning more about art (I include myself!) is to visit as many museums as possible.  The world's art museums contain the best of the best, and a strong curatorial effort usually adds even more to the learning experience.  

Decide which styles most interest you, which formats, which time periods.  Landscapes?  European genre paintings?  Western American art?
The decision is yours.  Buy a few books about the subject.  Most fine art collectors have viewed, not hundreds, but thousands upon thousands of artworks.  They narrow down their interests, and befriend gallery owners, dealers, and other collectors.  

I wish you the very best of luck in your collecting.
Stu Cartwright

PS. You will almost never find a listed American artist who signs a painting with a single last name.  

Stuart Cartwright