Fine Art/Corot lithograph

I have what I believe to be is a Corot Lithograph entitled "A View of Ville D' Avray. Is there a way to be sure that this is an original? My research has me thinking that this very well could be a forgery.

Hello Rubye,

I would take it to a local museum or fine art dealer and have them take look at it. It will take an expert eye and knowledge to get a certainty on originality. If you live near a large city, try taking it to one of the major auction houses. Most have a free evaluation day once a month.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.