Fine Art/Dali

I recently acquired a Salvidor Dali print at a local estate auction. The print is unsigned and is "Down the Rabbit Hole" from Alice in Wonderland. The print appears to be a heliogravure  and measures 16 3/4 by 11 1/2 from edge to edge the actual IMAGE is slightly less.The left side of the image appears to be torn from a book. There is also a watermark that reads Chiffon DeMandeure? Is this a true 1968 heliogravure and if so what is the value, and are you willing to assist in selling this item.

The piece is most likley from a book suite of pieces titled: "Alice in Wonderland" You should be able to see the plate signature lower left, it appears as a symbol with a crown over it. If memory serves, there are 2500 sets.  I cannot do free appraisals. If you want to sell the piece, send images and any detials to:  and I will see what I can do.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.