Fine Art/Painting

I work for a non prophet company that supports the Vietnam Veterans of America, and as a donation we received a painting. I believe this is an original and looks to be very old, and I think it was painted on wood. I do not know anything about art and the company I work for would like to sell this piece. If you can tell me anything about the styling or perhaps when it might have been made I would appreciate it very much. If you can not help me just let me know. Although if you know anyone who could help me better, please let me know who. There is a raised stamp on the back, I don't know if this helps. The stamp on the back says “Beaver Boaru Reg U.S. Buffalo” There is also a price tag hanging off of it for 195.00 and then someone has in hand writing “Ail Paunoer” I may be wrong on the hand written tag for the name it is really scrunched together. Thank You in advance.

From the image, I cannot tell if you have an original painting or a varnished print.

I suggest taking it to someone in your area that deals in art and ask an opinion as to the medium.

Beaverboard (also beaver board) is a light wood-like building material, formed of wood fibre compressed into sheets. Originally a trademark. It has occasionally been used as a canvas by artists; most famously, the iconic painting "American Gothic" by Grant Wood is painted on a beaverboard panel.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.