Fine Art/Peter Hayward Paintings

Peter Hayward Streetscape Painting
Peter Hayward Streetsc  
I have came into possession of a Peter Hayward painting that's been in our family since I can remember.  I am hoping that you might be able to assist me in identifying the authenticity of a Peter Hayward painting?  The signature is in the bottom right corner of the painting. (signature pic avail upon request) Outside Frame 44" 1/2 x 28" 1/2 - Inside frame 39" 1/2 x 23" 1/2

Peter Hayward, Greenwich Village
Peter Hayward, Greenwi  
Dear Natalie,

I have seen this painting by Peter Hayward before. I believe it is called Greenwich Village. I'm afraid you have a print on canvas that was released sometime in the 60's after the original painting. The other one I looked at was a very dimensional print with printed brush strokes to duplicate the heavy impasto style of the artist. I will give you a link to the previous question and attach a photo of the print. The seller ended up having to refund the buyers money when the buyer was able to have experts at Sotheby’s write a letter saying it was a print.

It is still a lovely piece of art that must have a lot of family history.

Kind regards,

Link to other painting:

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.